This Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp recipe lightens up traditional Bang bang Shrimp because you don’t have to fry anything… but you still get the delicious, creamy sauce.
Garnish with chopped green onions.
- ¼ cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, shelled and deveined (41/50 count)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine the chili sauce, mayonnaise, Sriracha, and honey. Whisk until fully combined. Set aside.
- Pat the shrimp dry and season with salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Pour the buttermilk over the shrimp and allow to soak for 5 minutes. Place the cornstarch in a zip top bag.
- Remove the shrimp from the buttermilk, shaking off any excess and place in bag with cornstarch. Shake to coat.
- Place the shrimp in the tray of the air fryer in a single layer.
- Turn the temperature to 400°F and slide the tray in. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the air fryer and place them in a bowl. Pour the sauce over the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Serve in butter lettuce cups with green onions.