You can make Baked Burgers right inside your oven. Cook them on a baking sheet when it’s raining or too cold to go outside and grill.
- 2 lbs. ground chuck (or use lean ground beef for a leaner burger, or a mixture of the two)
- 2 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup grated cheese of choice
- 6 buns
- Burger toppings of choice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl combine beef, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper just until combined. Do not over-mix or burgers will be tough.
- Divide meat mixture into 6 equal portions (you can do 8 instead if you want a smaller patty). Shape each into a tight ball. Use hands to flatten the ball into a disc. Make it thinner in the center. Smooth any cracks at the edges with the palm of your hand.
- Place the patties onto a cooling rack set into a baking sheet with a rim.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until they’re no longer brown in the middle. An internal thermometer will read 165°F.
- Sprinkle cheese on each burger and turn the oven to low broil. Broil for 1-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with buns and toppings of choice.