Who loves breakfast for dinner? Let’s load up some skewers with chicken sausage, waffles and grapes (and a delicious maple-butter glaze) for a fun, easy dinner.
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make this easy dinner, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="breakfastskewersrotd"][/sc]
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 frozen waffles
- 12 oz. (4 links) sweet apple chicken sausage, sliced 1/2-in. thick
- 16 green grapes
- 6-in. skewers
- Preheat grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat or turn an oven broiler on to low.
- In a small bowl combine butter, syrup, and mustard.
- Toast waffles according to package directions. Cut each into quarters.
- Alternate waffles, sausage, and grapes onto skewers. Each skewer should get 2 pieces of waffle, 2 grapes, and 3 slices of sausage.
- Brush kabobs with maple mixture.
- Grill the kabobs until browned in spots underneath, 3-4 minutes. Turn and grill on second side until browned in spots, 3-4 minutes. If using the broiler, broil until browned in spots underneath, 3-4 minutes. Turn and grill on second side until browned in spots, 3-4 minutes.