Learn how to cook zucchini on the grill or under the broiler using a method that cooks it perfectly, never soggy or mushy. Just delicious.
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make this zucchini, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="perfectzucchini"][/sc]
- 4 small zucchini
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)
- 1/2 tsp. coarse black pepper
- Preheat the broiler and adjust the shelf so that it is 6-8 inches from the heat source.
- Put the zucchini on a plate. Drizzle with olive oil and then rub it all over them. Sprinkle on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a broiling pan or heavy-duty oven-proof skillet and broil until the skin is blistering and browning in spots, 8-10 minutes. Use tongs to transfer to a cutting board. Cut off the stem ends and discard. Slice zucchini into 3/4-inch chunks and serve hot or slice thinly to serve hot or to let cool and serve at room temperature in a salad.