Love roasted cauliflower? Then you’ll love this soup, which has that same delicious flavor—plus hints of garlic, onion, and herbs—in every cozy, creamy bite!
- 6 cups small cauliflower florets
- 8 cloves garlic
- ¾ tsp. salt, or more to taste
- ¾ tsp. pepper, or more to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided, plus more for garnish
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth, divided, or more as needed
- 1 Tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh sage or oregano, plus more for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, garlic, salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons of the oil.
- Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet in an even layer.
- Roast until the cauliflower is crisp-tender but not yet browned, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same bowl, combine the onion with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add the onion to the baking sheet, toss, and continue baking until the vegetables are nicely browned, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Put about half of the vegetable mixture, half of the broth, and the herbs in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a large saucepan or small stockpot and repeat with the remaining vegetable mixture and broth.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and gently warm the soup, adding more broth as needed for desired thickness and more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with herbs and a drizzle of olive oil.